Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Spotted.

So, breaking news. I, the alleged reformed shop-a-holic, was spotted at the mall today. Well, I don't think anyone really saw me. But I saw myself in the mirrors that are always by the jewelry stores. However, I spent the trip living in fear that someone would see me and say "Wow, that chick is a dirty liar." However, do not fret. I am not a liar! I had a successful mall trip and did not make a single purchase. So why would I go trotting into the lion's den if I am not shopping for a year??? Because my fabulous and fantastic step-mom Debi (you can find her on FB and friend request her, but she is fairly selective so she'll probably deny) wanted a personal shopper for some new sweaters that were not black. So, I put in my 8 (and some) hours at work and headed on over. On an unrelated note, that new Jay-Z song is really catchy and I rather enjoy that it is always on the radio, regardless of the time I'm driving. So anyways, we meet at Macy's and the first thing I see as we go through the mall is the cutest, and I mean cutest, window display Victoria's Secret has ever had. Ever. I wanted to go in and buy every single pair of sweats they sell in hopes that I'd be half as cute as that window. But oh yeah, I don't do that. So instead, I took a picture of it. Because the next time I go to the mall will be many, many moons from now and it will probably be a crappy "back to school" window with a bunch of plaid. Yuck. So we of course browsed Williams Sonoma, which is a safe zone as far as I'm concerned. But the only sample they had was 3 day old french bread that you could toast- which it is sadly safe to say Dairy Queen's toast would probably be better. Regardless, we went to the Gap, for sweaters- and found none- as apparently you can only buy shorts and tanks right now. I wouldn't know, as I can't buy anything. Since we were so close, it would only make sense to browse the Dillard's shoes. I think it was worse than when you get a zit before a big presentation or something- yep it was that hopeless. Nothing I could do but feel sorry for myself. Also- before we get started- I want to let everyone know that if you click the pictures, they show up full size. So feel free to take a big screen look at these beauties. So first, these:


...because why not? Why wouldn't they be so sparkly? Why wouldn't it be getting warm out? Why wouldn't it be perfect weather to wear perfect sparkly sandals with?? Ok so I lie sometimes, it was hailing outside. But still. Devastating. SO I continue strolling along and BOOM:


Obviously, someone would go out of their way to JAM PACK two of my favorite things together into one shoe. Nude patent leather and a wedge heel. They would look SO NICE on my shoe shelf in my closet. So nice. And last, but most certainly not least-


Okay, okay. Since we're being honest, I probably would never wear these in real life. Well I mean I'd wear them maybe to dinner, but if I went dancing after- these bad boys would be in my purse, scratchin' up my sunglasses or something. But still, they were pretty to look at.

Anyways, it genuinely wasn't that hard of a trip. I actually was somewhat relieved that I am "not buying clothes for a year," because I probably would have bought one, if not more, of those pairs of cute shoes and then be irritated when I had to reorganize my closet.

However... new development. I realized the mall is my main source to get a Wetzel's Pretzel. So does this mean I have to go 365 days without an oversized pretzel covered in butter and salt?? Let's hope not. So, if anyone is planning a shopping trip in the near future, I've learned I do (currently) have the strength and power to resist new clothes and accessories, just not pretzels. Please invite me along :) :)

Lastly, for those who are curious- Debi found an ADORABLE lime green cardigan, on sale, at Old Navy. It fits her personality quite well. Also, Anya the weiner dog got a new pink rain coat, which I am certain she'll love.

Until next time...

4 comments:

lcgooden said...

This is fun to read! Keep 'em comin girl!

John and Debi said...

OK, this post was fab. It helps that I was actually there to see you resist. Those silver shoes would be SO cute on you...Anya likes her pink coat but it looks pretty silly on her...my lime green cardi on the other hand is great! Thank you for the wonderful personal shopping assistance.

.kim.h. said...

You're a brave gal!! My mom told me about your blog - I LOVE IT!! So fun!! :) I will be watching to see how you do! :)

Ariana said...

under no circumstances should you be denied a wetzle pretzel. there i was enjoying your blog until you threw down the all too serious topic of wetzle's.
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge?"
if we shop (or accompany to shop), do we not wetzle?