Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Clog.

About 2 weeks ago, I was flipping through my copy of InStyle. The setting was perfect- I was on my front porch, a second glass of wine next to me, and I had hundreds of beautiful glossy pages full of glamourous fashion. I turned the page, and immediately I felt like I got hit by a semi truck. The catch was the truck was full of hideous shoes. Like the ugliest shoes I'd ever seen.

THE CLOG:
Are you kidding me? Are you seriously kidding me? That is about the ugliest "shoe" I think I've ever seen. I was mortified. People are going to pay money and stomp around in these? That is upsetting, to say the least. I mean, I wore clogs for my 5th grade picture. But I also parted my hair in the center- which I understand works well for Jennifer Aniston and the Kardashian girls, but not for me. I thought to myself: "Not shopping for a year is going to be JUST FINE. Because if this is what is going to be IN, then I want out."

So I went on living my life.

Then I saw this:
Miley Cyrus shopping with her new beau... in an AWESOME striped top, AWESOME skinnies, AND O M G AWESOME CLOGS. Omg. Miles looks awesome. I mean, I could be slightly biased as most know I am a pretty big fan- which at this point you're allowed to judge all you want. But genuinely. Her clogs look great. That is seriously a great look, and the she pulls of the clogs like she was BORN to stomp around in clogs. She is cloggin' all over town. And now, I am seriously devastated. I went from hating these shoes, to living a life of confusion. How will I get through the next 9 months without clogs?

I guess that is the price I'll pay for this year long experiment.

Barf :(

1 comment:

Eryn said...

What size shoe do you wear? I have an awesome pair of clogs that you could borrow.