Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Outfits!

Today I have a small lesson for whoever is out there actually reading this! I know someone is. I installed a web counter and saw that I got 100 hits in like one day! That is the coolest thing ever. However, I don’t know WHO you are, WHAT you think, or what you even WANT. To remedy this, I feel like you should leave me comments! I need some feedback, because my cat Roxanne just meows when I ask her and I am not really sure if it is a positive or negative meow. I can only assume positive, because I taught her young to not bite the hand that feeds her.

Anyways, a few entries back, Denise suggested I take photos of my daily outfits. She thought it would be cool to see what I am using in my closet to make it through the year (the very, very long year). To be exact, she wanted me to show that you don’t have to be a frump if you don’t shop. Really, I honestly believe frumpy is just the worst. I hate when I oversleep and frump it up all day long. It ruins my whole mindset… so I totally agree. Anti-frump is JUST want this blog needs. So this past weekend, I was awkwardly photographed with each outfit change. I am clearly not a model… but you can get the picture of some outfits I’ve put together with all my old clothes! I sure hope none of them are frumpy… because that would be an embarrassment. I will try and do this more often… unless of course the comments say “you are really awkward (and frumpy) in those photos… please don’t make a post like that again.” :-)

1. Friday Evening: Annelise’s Birthday, The Cheesecake Factory

This was a last minute outfit for a group dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. I got home from work, plopped into bed, and started reading my September issue of InStyle. Before I knew it, it was time to go and I was still dressed like a business associate. I love (adore) this Anthropologie top and am already planning how to integrate it into my winter wardrobe (it was a birthday gift). The jeans are Genetic Denim. I got them at a GREAT local clothing boutique, Fancy Pants. The shoes are also from another local boutique, Shoe Fetish. I got them about a year and a half ago and love how unique they are. Of course, the headband is hand made :-) In hindsight, I wish I would have worn a muumuu because I literally ate the entire factory.

2. Saturday Errands

The boyfriend and I ran some errands around town Saturday. It was a little too chilly for just a sundress, so I whipped out the leggings (which I don’t always care for). I am wearing a very, very old Forever 21 dress that I’d yet to wear this summer. The white tank underneath is a men’s Hanes undershirt. That is the most USEFUL white tank you can own and I love that they come in 3 packs. I am hoping the ones I have currently will last me until April. The leggings are Target, and the sandals are (believe it or not) from WalMart 2 years ago. They cost a whopping $4. The belt is borrowed from Rachel (do you think she knows I have it still?) and I styled my hair in its usual weekend side braid. I am fairly certain this is the Summer of the Side Braid. I of course added in my new, homemade rhinestone headband for this as well.

3. Saturday Evening: Cottonwood Grille

This Anthropologie sweater is my favorite, FAVORITE piece of clothing right now. It was a birthday gift and I think about it like I think about my cats. It is like my child, and I sometimes get worried it will get misplaced or accidentally put in the dryer (yes, I worry my cats will accidentally get put in the dryer). Luckily, it is hanging right in my closet in the “green section” so I know it is safe. I also am wearing my grey J Brands (Vegas!) and Steve Madden flats. Weird… I am also wearing a side braid and homemade headband here as well…

4. Sunday Lunch Date

Rachel and I went to lunch in my neighborhood Sunday. We like to walk to the restaurant because everywhere else in this town is driving only. I wore my Genetic jeans because it was still SO chilly out, and another (fresh) Hanes white tank. I wore another favorite item, my J. Crew sweater. I got it at the outlet in Vegas about a day and a half before I stopped shopping all together. I’d say it was a fantastic last purchase. I have on some great silver beads from F21. My old lady shoes are loafers with foam inserts… and they are literally the best thing I could ever put on my feet. They are a little dorky, but soooo comfy and I keep reading boat shoes are coming back (or maybe they already did) so I will keep wearing them. And believe it or not… another side braid.

Anyhootles, I hope this was an enjoyable post. Sorry it is so long... so thanks if you made it this far :-) Hopefully this upcoming weekend will have EVEN CUTER OUTFITS!


8 comments:

kRiSsI 8734 said...

kelli i read! haha i'm creepy and never told you...

Celeste said...

you're not frumpy at all! your outfits are so cute- i think you'll make it through your no-shop year just fine!

~*~ amanda ~*~ said...

YOU, my dear, are the least frumpy old lady I know. ;) I have neon pink topsiders, and I really like them so who cares if they are in style or not. Although they do tend to rub the skin off my Achilles. Anyhoot(hahahaa) you are a fabulous blogger. I'm staying tuned. MY closet needs I nice dose of bulimia... it is WAY too full. :c

Miss Taylor said...

LOVE it!! Especially your favorite green Anthro sweater. It made me want one so badly. No one in their right mind would have any idea that you haven't been shopping for so long! You always look fresh and fabulous.

The Bairds said...

I love your blog!!! I'm a creeper, and thought you should know!! (not as creepy as this krissie character, though! Yikes!!!) lol! Tinerrrrrrrr! You're an amazing writer, and make me realize how unstylish I am! ;) I hope you get picked up by a fashion magazine for doing this! Because it truly is THAT good!!

gidgetmcd said...

The first time I've ever read... but I'm sure you could go a decade w/o shopping and still pull "old" outfits off just fine Kelly. You'll do great. Good luck!

Annelise said...

OH my! I recognized the outfit you wore to my birthday right away! You are SO NOT FRUMPY. Cute? Yes. Love this stuff!

Cambry Severe said...

Kelli! Love the blog- always humorous and I wish I had the style you do! You may or may not want to think about a side career in fashion coordination, you remind me of Whitney Port :)