Friday, October 8, 2010

Crap.

Well Crap. This past week, fall has finally arrived. The leaves are changing, my life is changing, and it is about that time that my wardrobe needs to change as well. Time to stop cuffing my jeans and to switch from hot pink nail polish to greys, maroons, and blacks. (Who are we kidding, I will keep the hot pink for a few more months. Makes me happy!) Don't get me wrong, I am EMBRACING the change. I NEED the change. The leaves falling, the heat leaving... I am so ready. Bring it on, winter. Bring me some hot apple cider and piles of blankets and maybe like... a hay ride or something. The problem? I will eventually have to leave my house. Perhaps for said hay ride. And I'll need to look cute.

Sigh.

This NO SHOPPING has been fairly easy because I have more ballet flats and summer sandals than I can count. I have tons of shorts, WAY too many tanks, and in 100+ degree temps, a sweater is the last thing on my mind. Well this cold front has swept in and the realization that I have a bunch of sweaters that are SO last year is devastating. Luckily, I take REALLY GOOD care of my things, so everything is in brand new condition. It just would be really fun to go get some cute new sweaters, thermals, and scarves. But the worst thing? I need new boots. Particularly, I need THESE new boots:

I only have my Uggs, which are warm and cozy... and some cowgirl-ish boots. I need, not want, some sturdy flat boots. It is going to snow, my feet are going to be cold... and Uggs look really sloppy sometimes. I honestly don't know WHAT I am going to do.
Okay, okay... I know it is obviously not the end of the world. But I am working a more professional job now. I can still wear jeans, but I feel like Uggs are unprofessional. These would just be a more polished look and would go with more. I just really regret this whole year of not shopping... and really want to go to in search of the perfect boot.
Again... sigh.

1 comment:

Taylor Dury said...

I can completely sympathize with your boot dilemma, and although I have racked my brain for about 18 minutes trying to think of a solution for you, I've got nothing. Except one year I did this: wear the Uggs from your house, to the car, to the office. And once you are in said office, pull your cute heels or flats out of your purse and put them on. Then when you are leaving the office, replace cute office shoes with Uggs to keep your toes cozy when outside. That's all I've got :(