Saturday, November 6, 2010

FRUMP.

Do you LOVE Gossip Girl? I sure do. In fact, my biggest regret in life is that I am not Blair Waldorf. Sure, she is immature and sometimes says really inappropriate things and also will mistake princes to be paupers... you know. But she speaks fluent French, has a great complexion, and I swear I've never seen the girl look frumpy. Guys, I completely understand she is fictional but is that really the point? I don't think it is. I mean, even for the brief part of Season 3 where she wore those HORRIBLE dresses and shoes that fully accentuated her cankles, she still was put together.

As for me, I cannot say the same. I am really sorry you guys. I really am. But this is what I wore to work last week:

A black hoodie that is just a smidgen too tight around the neckline, ultimately giving me a tension headache. Some wide leg jeans that, I'll be honest, just don't fit. I don't know why I keep insisting on wearing them. They do not fit me. The waist line is SO small and the butt is not fitted, and I mean ONE OF US (me or the jeans) is NOT proportionate. I am really hoping it is the jeans. I also have my TOMs on, which I love, but they only look good with skinnies or dresses- and that is an absolute fact. In addition, I clearly thought that I could go for hippie-hair and not even pin it up a bit... and I kept my makeup minimal. Which is great, most days. But for a day where THAT is what I felt compelled to leave the house in... I should have caked it on. At least done some blush or something. Idiot.

Here I am, the author of a "fashion" blog, and I look ridiculous. This photo was snapped by my paparazzi and frequent Starbucks partner, Lindy. She couldn't stop laughing. Most might think this makes her a bad friend... but we all should agree it makes her a good friend. She knew I was NOT happy with myself. I was so uncomfortable all day and felt gross and when you feel gross, your whole day is compromised. I know we've all been there. Anyways, I wanted to publish this because it will make me accountable and should never, ever happen again. Just need to pull it togethere here, bless my heart. SO from here on out, I shall channel Blair Waldorf (or maybe just someone who actually cares about their appearance) and never put myself through that again! And, to sign off in true G.G. fashion... xoxo!

1 comment:

anhimals said...

I started reading your blog from Brittany from Clumps of Mascara in hopes I would stop my shopping addiction (unfortunately for my bank account, I have not). I just wanted to comment that on days where you feel very blah, you should wear an outfit that makes you feel very girly, preferably a dress with makeup that makes you feel like a queen. Whenever I am feeling blah, those are the days when I wear makeup and something pretty and girl to balance out the blahness. I love your blog by the way and can you tell me what your secret is for not shopping? ;)