Saturday, December 4, 2010

LastLash

A few posts ago, I told you about the Sista Shout Out from Clumps of Mascara. That was set up by none other than one of my closest friends in the world, Annelise (which is pronounced ana-lisa) (which is stinking cute). From the beginning of my blog, Annelise has been one of my biggest supporters. She is always checking up on the posts, commenting, and keeping me accountable. She also emailed B from CoM and got my blog showcased, resulting in a TON of new readers.

Well, pretty Annelise has embarked on her own blogging journey. But I must say, hers has a LOT more substance than mine. First, let me tell you about Annelise:


She is literally one of the perkiest people I've ever met, but she isn't annoyingly perky. I don't really know how that is possible, but it is. She is so full of joy and life, and being around her makes everything so fun. I know it is so gross and cheesy to say someone "lights up a room," but I am going to drizzle queso all over this blog and say it. She literally lights up a room.


Annelise and I met at my work, Bodybuilding.com, and we became fast friends. In the picture above, we were out dancing. I've had a rough couple of months, and I've spent a lot of time trying to think about the last time I was "really, really happy." To be honest, that night we were dancing is one of those memories. I was SO happy to finally be out with my friend OUTSIDE of work, and we had a great time.

Annelise was recently engaged, and I am so, so, so (SO) excited to help her start planning her wedding. The picture above is Annelise, our friend Paula, and myself at a fun little photoshoot we did a few months ago. I must say we had some wine and I also must say that these photos are absolutely framed in my house. Paula is an amazing woman in her own, and with them my life would be a lot worse. Just being honest. Anyways, you're probably wondering why I am gushing about my friend right now... so I guess I better get to it.

Annelise has started her own blog called LastLash... and to be honest she updates it WAY more than I do so you ALL should start following it. Annelise has trichotillomania. Now is when you all ask "what is trichotillomania?"... right? Because I didn't know either. Basically, trichotillomania is defined as a compulsion to pull out one's hair. Annelise does not pull out her cute little blonde haircut, but instead is compelled to pull her eyebrows and eyelashes. This is something extremely personal to her, and something she struggles with daily. However, she has found that blogging about it helps keep her accountable and prevents her from pulling. With her blog, she has found a ton of suggestions for lash-growth stimulators... and they definitely seem to be working! She also will show what makeup she uses and tell beauty-idiots like myself how to acheive the look... because her makeup always looks so pretty.

May I just say... there are no words to describe how proud I am of her. My blog is a silly little quest to stop buying clothes I don't need. I'll be honest, sometimes it makes me feel fairly superficial. Annelise's blog is a real issue that she struggles with all the time. She is SO incredibly courageous to post her journey to stop pulling, and it says so much about her character. Annelise told me that while a blog seems like a strange way to approach it... it is really, really helping her. So I need all of you to do me a favor- and go follow my bestie's blog. I promise you won't be let down. If you didn't catch the link before... here is the URL:

1 comment:

~*~ amanda ~*~ said...

Kel, you're such a good friend. It's nice to support your girl, and that she supports you. I feel super smart that I knew what trikdolemisudduuies was already (I am too lazy to go back and look up the spelling that that! haha). I hope she finds some support from her blog, and maybe connects with others who suffer from this compulsion. And let ME just say, neither of your blogs are "superficial".